NHL Winter Classic Predators vs Stars Live Stream, January 1, 2020
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday, January 1 at 1:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Cotton Bowl Stadium — Dallas, Texas
- TV: NBC
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
As we approach another new year, that implies we approach another Winter Classic. The NHL will ring in 2020 with its yearly open air game, this time making a beeline for the Cotton Bowl in Dallas – a to some degree astonishing however celebrated area for one of the marquee occasions on the hockey schedule. Here’s all that you have to think about it.
Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars
What to Know
This is the first occasion when that either group has taken an interest in a Winter Classic (or any NHL open air occasion) and they will end up being the 24th and 25th NHL groups to play in an outside game. (Arizona, Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Tampa Bay and Vegas presently can’t seem to play in one).
The Stars have had something of a thrill ride season, as they began the year 1-7-1 preceding making something happen and getting perhaps the best group in the association for about a month. They had the option to move out of the early gap that they burrowed themselves however then hit some normal disturbance when lead trainer Jim Montgomery was suddenly terminated for “amateurish direct” toward the beginning of December.
Rick Bowness took over as between time lead trainer and has instructed the group to a 5-3-1 record in nine games since Montgomery’s terminating. The Stars right now sit third in the Central Division with a 22-14-4 record and will convey a two-game series of wins into the Classic.
In the mean time, the Nashville Predators have been prominent disillusionments this year. The Preds entered this season with grandiose desires in the Western Conference however have battled through the initial three months of the year. They convey a 18-14-6 record and a two-game losing streak into the Winter Classic.
Winter Classic History
- This is the twelfth Winter Classic in NHL history. Here are the past outcomes:
- 2008, Ralph Wilson Stadium: Penguins 2, Sabers 1 (OT/SO)
- 2009, Wrigley Field: Red Wings 6, Blackhawks 4
- 2010, Fenway Park: Bruins 2, Flyers 1 (OT)
- 2011, Heinz Field: Capitals 3, Penguins 1
- 2012, Citizens Bank Park: Rangers 3, Flyers 2
- 2014, Michigan Stadium: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (OT/SO)
- 2015, Nationals Park: Capitals 3, Blackhawks 2
- 2016, Gillette Stadium: Canadiens 5, Bruins 1
- 2017, Busch Stadium: Blues 4, Blackhawks 1
- 2018, Citi Field: Rangers 3, Sabers 2 (OT)
- 2019, Notre Dame Stadium: Bruins 4, Blackhawks 2