Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith set for UFC 235 pending NAC permit

Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith set for UFC 235 pending NAC permit

Jon Jones will put his recently gained light heavyweight title on hold against Anthony Smith at UFC 235 in Las Vegas March 2 as long as his permit is conceded by the NAC.

TMZ Sports previously broke the news of the headliner conflict. A few sources later affirmed the session to MMA Fighting.

UFC president Dana White shed further light on the circumstance, guaranteeing that the Jones should initially have his application for licensure allowed before he can contend at the Vegas occasion.

“Not long from now, Jon Jones will record an application for licensure with the NSAC [sic] so as to contend at UFC 235 in Las Vegas, Nevada on March second,” White told TMZ. “Given that permit is truly, Jones will shield his Light Heavyweight title against Anthony Smith in a 5 round headliner at the T-Mobile Arena.”

Jones (23-1-0) is falling off his title catch in his rematch against Alexander Gustafsson in the headliner of UFC 232, in which he guaranteed a third-round TKO prevail upon the Swede.

The area of the occasion was proceeded onward seven days’ notice after an irregularity was found in Jones’ pre-battle sedate tests. As the NSAC couldn’t assemble for a consultation to choose if the discoveries should result in Jones being authorized for the challenge, the occasion was moved to Inglewood, Calif.

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) conceded Jones a permit for the session. As per CSAC official officer, Andy Foster, the anomaly in Jones’ test outcomes originated from his positive medication test back in July 2017, which brought about Jones being suspended for 15 months.

Smith (31-13-0) is at present on a three-battle win streak, with all triumphs coming since his turn up to the light heavyweight section. Since climbing a load class he has vanquished two previous heroes, Rashad Evans and Mauricio Rua, with his most recent triumph coming against previous title contender, Volkan Oezdemir.

James D. Gurley

James D. Gurley joined Today Live Free in 2019 after graduating from University of California, Los Angeles. A native of Seattle, Gurley now resides in the Los Angeles Bay Area. He spends his spare time defending Jay Cutler on Twitter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Next Post

Erdogan says requesting that Turkey secure Kurdish warriors is a 'genuine mix-up'

Tue Jan 8 , 2019
x Istanbul, Turkey (TODAYLIVEFREE)US National Security Advisor John Bolton made “a genuine misstep” telling journalists that the United States would possibly haul out of Syria if Turkey swore not to assault its Kurdish partners there, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Tuesday. “Bolton’s comments in Israel are not worthy. It […]
Erdogan says requesting that Turkey secure Kurdish warriors is a 'genuine mix-up'